Being an entrepreneur and mother pulls us into so many directions because there is so much we need to get done. With all that’s needed from us, we can lose sight of the vision amidst all the ‘to dos’ and become drained from the pressure of it all. We need to make a plan to figure out our priorities between business, family, and self.
Designing a strong plan requires determining what is most important, determining priorities and reminders of them to create balance and reduce stress as we manage the needs of all that we juggle on a daily basis.
This Mompreneurs priority setting workshop is intended to gather us business mom owners to create a supportive environment and to discuss challenges we face growing our business, share ideas, network, create comradery, and design a vision and plan to succeed.
- Presentation and discussion of heart’s desires for our business (vision) , and determining what is most important
- Values exercise (find special word for a daily reminder of vision and priorities)
- Priority setting exercise
- Group discussion sharing personal experiences and ideas
- Create Intention bracelet (materials are included)
- Wrap up: Once the vision is out there, your story, and the ‘reminder’ intention bracelet on your wrist…discussion on how to take daily intentional actions for your business to become the vision. We will use a coaching method to help keep our priorities on track.
- Bring your kids. They will be supervised by our staff in the playarea or in class for a discounted fee of $10 per child.
Julie Pearl is a national mindfulness and life coach who enjoys helping people reduce stress and create balance between work, family, and personal life.
Julie founded Getting Mindful LLC in 2014 and completed her Life coaching education bringing together benefits of mindfulness and coaching techniques to:
- Guide clients through positive transformation that will leave a life-long impact
- Increase capacity for self-awareness, focus, empathy and compassion
- Learn to create and sustain emotional balance especially in times of stress
- Create stronger relationships by utilizing non-violent communication techniques
- Increase wellbeing for better performance professionally as well as personally
She has been educating youth in different capacities in Fairfax County Schools (FCPS) for the past 13 years and creates mindfulness workshops for the past five for all age groups as well as providing private life coaching services. She has given talks about mindfulness at schools, companies and high end living communities in D.C, and Virginia. To contact Julie, visit her website http://www.gettingmindful.com